Five things for pharma marketers to know:
- The Food and Drug Administration convened a meeting of outside experts to review exa-cel, a CRISPR-based treatment for sickle cell disease made by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and CRISPR Therapeutics.
- GSK will pay about $1 billion for exclusive rights to further develop and commercialize Johnson & Johnson’s hepatitis B therapy.
- Swiss startup SkyCell picked up an equity round of $57 million, along with a new valuation of $600 million.
- XOMA earned a $5 million milestone upon the FDA’s acceptance of Day One’s New Drug Application for Tovorafenib earlier this week.
- Could the next blockbuster therapy come out of Singapore?