Five things for pharma marketers to know:
- The Food and Drug Administration proposed banning an ingredient that is used in some fruit-flavored drinks and other beverage products after concluding that it’s not safe for humans.
- Sarepta Therapeutics brought in $69 million in sales from its Duchenne muscular dystrophy gene therapy in the first few months the treatment has been available commercially.
- Abbott receives approval from the Food and Drug Administration for its HPV screening solution.
- Hormone replacement therapy may protect the female brain from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia — if hormones are taken in the 40s and 50s when menopausal symptoms begin, according to a recent meta-analysis.
- The first new antibiotic in decades for treating gonorrhea produced good results in a large-scale clinical trial.