Five things for pharma marketers to know:
- A federal judge rejected efforts by major social media companies to dismiss nationwide litigation accusing them of illegally enticing and then addicting millions of children to their platforms, damaging their mental health.
- President Biden and his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, are set to announce an agreement that would see Beijing crack down on the manufacture and export of fentanyl, according to people familiar with the matter.
- UnitedHealth Group used an algorithm to cut off payments for seriously ill Medicare patients who needed rehab stays.
- AI experts have become increasingly concerned that deepfakes – or false images and videos – could supercharge health misinformation on anything from vaccines to treatments.
- Evoke Pharma secured another U.S. patent for its nasal spray Gimoti, with its shares rising on the news.