Five things for pharma marketers to know:
- The Food and Drug Administration approved Eli Lilly’s type 2 diabetes drug tirzepatide for use in chronic weight management, making official the use of a medicine already widely prescribed off-label for weight loss.
- The agency has also received at least three reports of people being hospitalized after taking counterfeit versions of the wildly popular weight-loss drugs called semaglutides.
- Marijuana and abortion are still at risk in Ohio despite Tuesday night’s election results.
- American depositary receipts of Avadel Pharmaceuticals rose 19% on revenue growth powered by sales of Lumryz in the third quarter.
- A viral TikTok documented the case of a 38-year-old woman who went to the hospital to receive a colectomy, only to wake up to the news that she had stage 3 colon cancer.