Five things for pharma marketers to know:
- The Food and Drug Administration has granted full approval for Pfizer’s oral COVID-19 pill Paxlovid.
- Shareholders of biotech company Illumina have ousted the board chairman John Thompson following a two-month proxy battle between the company and investor Carl Icahn.
- Noom, a startup that for years has touted a psychological path to weight loss, said it will launch an option that will include prescriptions for obesity drugs such as Novo Nordisk’s Wegovy for about $120 a month.
- AbCellera has received a $515.9 million investment from the government of Canada and the province of British Columbia to allow the company to boost infrastructure around its antibody therapies.
- Bristol Myers, J&J’s blood clot drug milvexian received a fast track designation from the FDA.