Five things for pharma marketers to know:
- A report from Politico detailed how Republican presidential candidate and former Roivant Sciences CEO Vivek Ramaswamy helped turn Martin Shkreli into the ‘Pharma Bro.’
- The Food and Drug Administration approved a new easy-to-use version of a medication to reverse overdoses caused by fentanyl and other opioids driving the nation’s drug crisis. [READ MORE]
- Ironwood bulked up on its digestive therapies with a $1.15 billion purchase of VectivBio.
- U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy issued an advisory noting that social media is a threat to young people’s mental health.
- New HIV infections in the U.S. have dropped between 2017 and 2021, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.