Five things for pharma marketers to know:
- A clause in a deal between the Department of Health and Human Services and Regeneron marks the first time the Biden administration has directly used its leverage to challenge drugmakers’ list prices.
- Rocket Pharmaceuticals’ stock surged after the biotechnology company announced it reached alignment with the Food and Drug Administration regarding its global Phase 2 trial for a treatment of Danon disease.
- Former Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky was named lead director of Neurotech Pharmaceuticals.
- Nearly 500,000 healthcare workers in California are set to get a major raise after a deal was announced earlier this week.
- The right to sell Daraprim, a prescription medication that ‘Pharma Bro’ Martin Shkreli made infamous by jacking up its price in 2015, was approved for sale to a former company insider for less than $1 million.